The Human Kinetics Library consists of carefully curated content bundles that can be purchased independently or as a package connected through the platform’s powerful cross search and browse functionality. By default, search and browse results will only display the content that users have purchased access to.
A full overview of each collection, as well as forthcoming collections on the platform, is provided below, along with links to each collection's landing page and key content sets.
Human Kinetics Library Core Collection
- Over 165 market leading ebooks – including textbooks, supplementary monographs and materials for practitioners.
- Over 200 instructional videos totalling almost 2 and a half hours — including demonstrations of exercise movements and explanations of key physical activity concepts.
Human Kinetics Library Annual Update 2021
- 17 ebooks – including key texts on topics including sport management, injury, therapeutic recreation, applied sports mechanics, risk management, organizational behaviour, time resistance training, obesity assessment and treatment, and sport history.
- Over 40 videos – providing concise demonstrations of eccentric training exercises.
Human Kinetics Library Annual Update 2022
- 14 ebooks – including texts on key topics such as sports coaching, sport psychology, nutrition and fitness, conditioning for athletes and exercise form.
- 79 videos – 115 minutes of training videos focusing on warm-up exercises and methods of group exercise instruction.
Human Kinetics Library Annual Update 2023
- 13 ebooks – covering topics such as exercise physiology, sports nutrition, sports leadership, social media and sport, professional coaching, and fitness assessment.
- 70 videos – demonstrating key concepts in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
Download the Human Kinetics Library Core Collection title list
Human Kinetics Dance Technique Core Collection
- 7 ebooks – focusing on hip-hop ballet, jazz, modern dance, musical theatre, tap and choreography.
- Over 500 videos – including short clips demonstrating key dance steps.
- Over 850 audio glossary clips – explaining specialist terms.
- Over 70 images — supporting easy analysis of movements and dance steps.
Human Kinetics Dance Technique Annual Update 2021
- 21 further ebooks - covering a broad range of topics from the anatomy and psychology of dance, to education and professional development.
- Over 35 videos and 60 audio files– demonstrating key dance steps and explaining specialist terms
Human Kinetics Physical and Health Education Core Collection
- 42 ebooks – covering topics including teaching skills, inclusive education, cognition and motor activities, encouraging a healthy lifestyle, teaching stress management, play and physical education, and fitness tests and assessment.
- Over 120 videos — including explanations of key concepts and demonstrations of hip-hop movements.
Human Kinetics Physical and Health Education Annual Update 2022
- 3 ebooks – covering topics such as lesson planning, promoting active lifestyles in schools, and skills-based health education.
Human Kinetics Physical and Health Education Annual Update 2023
- 4 ebooks – covering topics such as teaching practices for health education, designing and teaching fitness education courses, performance-based assessment, and physical education administration.
- 139 videos – demonstrating exercises for fitness education courses.
Human Kinetics Physical and Health Care in Sport and Exercise Core Collection
- 33 ebooks – covering topics such as rehabilitation, the psychology of injury and therapeutic exercise, with accompanying graphs and data sets to support research in this specialist, applied area.
- Over 450 videos (over 11 total hours) — including demonstrations of running mechanics and gait analysis, stretching, therapeutic exercises and joint mobilization.
Human Kinetics Physical and Health Care in Sport and Exercise Annual Update 2022
- 3 ebooks – covering topics such as therapeutic exercise, musculoskeletal injuries and interprofessional education.
- 91 videos — providing demonstrations of rehabilitation exercises and therapeutic movements.
Human Kinetics Sports Skills
- 86 ebooks – containing practical and instruction-focused sports content to maximize the training, performance, and enjoyment of 38 different sports and activities.
- Over 5 hours of video — including a feature-length series on championship basketball strategies, advanced wrestling, a complete guide to pitching, as well as technique demonstrations for softball, tennis, soccer, and skating.
Each product in the Human Kinetics Library is updated annually with cutting-edge ebook and video content from Human Kinetics.
Our update pipeline:
- Human Kinetics Dance Technique Annual Update 2023: Coming Autumn 2023